Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: 6306-001
Installation - complex
Upgrad the existing auxiliary heater of your car to a parking heater.
Suitable for the following vehicles:
- VW T6.1 - Climatronic
- VW T6.1 - Climatic
Upgrade an existing auxiliary heater to a parking heater. No software update or flashing necessary.
Just connect our "CAN-Gateway T6" "plug&play" to the original connector of the auxiliary heater beneath the drivers seat.
Most VW T6 come with an auxiliary heater already. This heater can easy be upgraded to an parking heater.
If you are unsure if your car has an auxiliary heater, have a look at the side of your drivers door:
Climatronic / Climatic
If your car has a manual / automatic climate control you will have to connect an addidional wiring harness and CAN-module to control the heater blower.
These module and harness are included into delivery.
After upgrading the auxiliary heater you can switch the heater by a simple +12v signal.
If you select an operating device, the right connection cord will be included into delivery.
If you select "APP-control" you will get our latest version which supports LTE (4G) as well as 3G (UMTS) and 2G (GSM).
Note: Switzerland will shutdown the 2G network until 2020. Other countries might follow during the next years.
Why to choose our auxiliary heater upgrade kit?
- Easy plug & play installation within about 1 hour.
- There are no permanent changes at the cars wiring or software necessary.
- No software update of the heater needed.
- Perfect for leased cars as you can remove the upgradekit without leaving any traces.
- Paking ventilation for the summermonths
- Supply voltage: 10 - 15VDC
- Current consumption: standby < 10mA
- Dimensions: 63x60x22 (LxBxH)
Scope of delivery
- CAN Gateway T6.1 - auxiliary heater
- CAN Gateway T6.1 - heater blower
- vehicle specific Y-cable
- wiring harness to heater blower
- connection cord for an operating device
- users manual
The installation depends on the vehicle equipment.
The upgradekit includes a detailed installation guide.
Climatronic and Climatic
Install the vehicle specific wiring harness according to the installation guide.
Upgrade the software of the heater as described below.
- Connect the diagnostic interface to a free USB-port of your computer (WIN 7, WIN 8, WIN 10).
(The driver will be installed automatically.)
- Assign COM1 to the diagnostic interface.
(If you don't know how to assign a COM-port, we strongly recommend to ask our installation partner to do the upgrade.)
- Connect the diagnostic interface to the 14-pole connector of the wiring harness, using the adapter-cable.
- Connect the dongle to a free USB-port of your computer.
- Insert the CD and follow the instructions.
- The upgraded heater can be controlled via every operating device which supports the W-bus protocol.
Configure the APP-control:
- W-BUS 3
Up to modell year 2017, the diagnostic input (PIN 2) of the heater is already available below the drivers seat at PIN 1 (green/white) of the 17-pole, red connector.
From modell year 2017 you will have to connect the wire directly to PIN 2 of the heater. The heater is located below the car at the left side.